Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, June 28th, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 25, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCStyles

Oooooh prizes!  Please sign me up for the Ticket to Ride tournament.

-Derek
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

foleydafrog

Would also like to put my name in for the  warhammer 40k tordy name is supreme overlord also know as sean

paulsitter

I have three people ready to sign up for the Warmachine\Hordes. We have been playing for sometime and would be willing to teach.

Paul Sitter
Paul Konasavage
Shaun Oudot

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI have three people ready to sign up for the Warmachine\Hordes. We have been playing for sometime and would be willing to teach.

Paul Sitter
Paul Konasavage
Shaun Oudot

Excellent. I have reached out to a couple other player groups to see if they are coming. The Prairie Game Expo schedule will be updated in the near future with details about Warmachine / Hordes.

DCStyles

Hi Chad & Dana,
          I would like to teach and run a game of Eclipse starting at 5pm for 6 players maximum to keep the playing time under the 4 hour time limit.  I will use content from the Rise of the Ancients expansion as well.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Cordawg

Quote from: DCStyles on May 18, 2014, 12:51:41 AM
Hi Chad & Dana,
          I would like to teach and run a game of Eclipse starting at 5pm for 6 players maximum to keep the playing time under the 4 hour time limit.  I will use content from the Rise of the Ancients expansion as well.
I know how u could have it under 4 hours use a timer 1 minute turns it should run fast  that's just a idea

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: DCStyles on May 18, 2014, 12:51:41 AM
Hi Chad & Dana,

That's great, Derek! I expect this one will fill up quick since it's such an excellent game. If this is a teaching game I would not put a one minute turn in place. Just make the hard cut off for 8:30 and count points if you don't get the 9 rounds in. This will give you some time for clean up as well.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

The galaxy has been a peaceful place for many years. After the ruthless Terran–Hegemony War (30.027–33.364), much effort has been employed by all major spacefaring species to prevent the terrifying events from repeating themselves. The Galactic Council was formed to enforce precious peace, and it has taken many courageous efforts to prevent the escalation of malicious acts. Nevertheless, tension and discord are growing among the seven major species and in the Council itself. Old alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and lead the galaxy under its rule?

A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build spaceships to wage war with. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy according to the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.

Ranked #7 on BGG!!!
Snikt!

Tempest

I'd like to run a game of Talisman in the afternoon, I think. It needs anywhere from 3-6 hours to play to completion, depending on people's knowledge of the game and how fast they are at taking their turn. (If everyone knows what they're doing it can go rather quickly.)

As per usual, I'll be bringing out some of my staples; if anyone wants to request anything from my collection I'll gladly bring it out.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI'd like to run a game of Talisman in the afternoon, I think. It needs anywhere from 3-6 hours to play to completion

How about a 2pm start time, Tempest? That way you're done at 8pm at the latest if Talisman goes the epic 6 hours.