New TV Season

Started by Jason Doan, September 21, 2010, 04:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Doan

I know we have some other devoted couch potatoes on this site, so I thought I'd start a topic to discuss some of the new shows this season.  So what are people watching and what do they think?

Boardwalk Empire - Does HBO ever not hit it out of the park?  Scorsese.  Buscemi.  Can not wait for the next episode.

The Event - NBC's attempt at a genre series.  Not a lot of questions as to what the event is or who the detainees are in the first episode, but the first episode did intrigue me enough that I will be checking out at least a few more episodes.

Chase - Another law enforcement procedural from CSI producer Jerry Bruckheimer, this time following members of the U.S. Marshall's service as they chase down dangerous fugitives.  Meh.  Criminal Minds is a much better case of the week show showing the feds hunting down criminals and Justified is a much more interesting look at a marshall.  I doubt this will get picked up for more episodes than the half season they've already shot.

Hawaii Five-0 - I'm not usually a fan of remakes, but this show was actually pretty entertaining in a popcorn action movie sort of way.

Guy Ouellette

I agree Boardwalk Empire Rocks and hawaii 5-0 will be good too

Wojo

Watched

House - Awesome! They don't often return to series the moment the last season ended. THis was a perfect opener.

Castle - Rediculous! But its what you expect with Castle.

Jason Doan

Sweet, HBO has already picked up Boardwalk Empire for a 2nd season.

Lori

Hawaii Five-0:  Who knows how this will go, enjoyed the premier and LOVE LOVE LOVE Alex O'Loughlin so what can I say?  Having never watched the original I have no need to compare it to that.

House: It was Ok, slightly awkward and uncomfortable but maybe that was the point.  Last year's 2 hour premier from the mental hospital will likely never be beat.

I was kinda looking around for something else new to get interested in but I'm not sure, have read mixed reviews for "Outlaw" and "Blue Blood" so maybe I'll just wait and see what ends up getting all the hype.  It's pretty easy to download missed episodes and catch up later.

Guy Ouellette

Lori if you want a great comedy you got to watch Sheldon in Big Bang Theory, I have been watching this show from the beginning. 

Any one else out there liking Big Bang? or am I really the only geek out here?

Jolo

I await from AMC. It starts Oct 31st...

Jason Doan

The wife and I watch Big Bang, Guy.  It's hilarious for the most part, although some episodes hit a little too close to home considering some of the nerds I know :P

Walking Dead looks like it's going to be fantastic, but that's to be expected, AMC always gives us good quality shows and zombies rock.

Watched My Generation on ABC on Thursday night.  It's a fake documentary that cuts between scenes of the characters in high school 10 years ago talking about there hopes and dreams and scenes of what they are doing now.  If they only plan on doing one season I think it could be very good, but if they try and stretch the concept past there it'll get run out of steam quickly.

New season of Eastbound & Down started last night.  Awesome!  Kenny Powers is the man.

New season of Dexter also started last night, wow was it depressing and I have a feeling the whole season will be as well as Dexter learns to handle life without Rita.

Speaking of the awesome Julie Benz, No Ordinary Family starts up tomorrow and the bits I've seen of it look pretty good.  TV needs a superhero show to fill the void left by Heroes, which I think would have been awesome this season.  I hope they end up continuing the story in some medium.

Dana_Tillusz

My cable isn't getting hooked up til Friday (seasonal hockey cutoff) so I missed Big Bang and Dexter. I'll have to catch up!

Can't wait for The Walking Dead. And I hear that HBO is showing Game of Thrones in early 2011. Expect greatness with that one.
Snikt!

Lori

We watch Big Bang Theory on delay because we didn't catch it in the 1st season so we keep picking up the seasons as they are released.  We've starting recording this season on our DVR so we need to speed through last year's DVDs and get current!  I think it's hilarious!

Dexter is the same.  Some good friends recommended it so we picked up seasons I-IV and are about 1/2 way through season III at the moment.  Luckily our DVR has mega-room to store all this stuff.