Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - November 26, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, November 11, 2013, 09:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Trains

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Trains
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Tempest
3. Rosencrantz

GAME: Ticket to Ride: Nederlands
TEACHER: Omegadirective
DURATION: 30-60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Omegadirective
2. CappyZed

GAME: Kanzume Goddess
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
PLAYERS... 2-6
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: A Game of Thrones
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 180 Minutes
PLAYERS... 3-6
1. DCStyles
2. Marc Bendig
3. Logan D

GAME: Trains
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 7:30
PLAYERS...
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Bellis
3. Qwijybo

GAME: Vinhos
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Rosencrantz
2. omegadirective
3. roxy72
4. craftybernardo

GAME: Legendary: the Marvel Deckbuilding game
TEACHER: Tempest
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS: 2-5
1. Tempest
2. CappyZed

GAME: Troyes (Along with Ladies of Troyes & Promo Cards)
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Matt Robertson
2. Robert Kuster
3. Dana Tillusz
4. Qwijybo

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

In the 19th century, shortly after the industrial revolution, railways quickly spread over the world. Japan, importing Western culture and eager to become one of the Grand Nations, saw the birth of many private railway companies and entered the Golden Age of railways. Eventually, as a result of the actions of powerful people and capitalists, many of these smaller companies gradually merged into larger ones.

In Trains, the players are such capitalists, managing private railways companies and striving to become bigger and better than the competition. The game takes place during the 19th and 20th century in the 2012 OKAZU Brand edition, whereas the 2013 AEG/Pegasus edition is set in modern times, with bullet trains, freight trains and more. You will start with a small set of cards, but by building a more effective deck throughout the game, you will be able to place stations and lay rails over the maps of Osaka, Tokyo or other locations. The trick is to purchase the cards you want to use, then use them as effectively as possible. Gain enough points from your railways and you will ultimately manage the most powerful railroads in modern Japan!
Snikt!

Bellis

Tempest

I'd definitely like to get in on trains, slot me in for 6:30, please ;p
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Rosencrantz

Can you add myself and Tyson for the 6:30 Trains session?  That would be great, thanks.

Also, because i unfortunately had to cancel this past tuesday, I'd like to put Vinhos on the schedule again.  I will run it starting at 7:30 when trains is wrapped up. 
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

roxy72

Please sign me up for Vinhos again. I've heard good things about it and still want to give it a try

Bix Conners

Darn, gonna miss Vinhos again. I have been planning a four player game of Troyes. I will play Vinhos yet, it has become a quest.

On another note, room for one more in Troyes at 8:30pm
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Rosencrantz on November 20, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
Can you add myself and Tyson for the 6:30 Trains session?  That would be great, thanks.

Also, because i unfortunately had to cancel this past tuesday, I'd like to put Vinhos on the schedule again.  I will run it starting at 7:30 when trains is wrapped up.

Is Tyson playing Vinhos? And how many people?
Snikt!

omegadirective

Rosencrantz

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on November 20, 2013, 11:22:05 PM
Quote from: Rosencrantz on November 20, 2013, 02:16:36 PM

Is Tyson playing Vinhos? And how many people?

Don't add him to Vinhos as I don't know how long he plans on staying. Vinhos plays up to 4 and will take about 2.5 hours with a full group.   
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes