Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Nov 19th (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 24, 2013, 12:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited

Click HERE for Important Information about these events
:excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Moto Grand Prix

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited
GAME: Moto Grand Prix
TEACHER: Bryce Robinson
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2 - 6
1. Bryce Robinson
2. Street_Disciple
3. CappyZed

GAME: Vinhos
TEACHER: Rozencrantz
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2 - 4
1. Rosencrantz
2. Roxy72
3. Omegadirective
4. Mark M

GAME: Settlers of Catan (potentially with 6-player expansion)
TEACHER: jobau2460
PLAYERS... 2 - 6
1. Jobau2460
2. (reserved)
3. (reserved)

GAME: Africana
TEACHER: Tempest
PLAYERS... 2 - 4
1. Tempest
2. DCStyles
3. Bellis
4. Bricktown

GAME: Firefly The Game
TEACHER: Bryce Robinson
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 120 minutes
PLAYERS: 2 - 4
1.Bryce
2.Jual
3.Bellis
4.Bricktown

GAME: Small World Underground
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2 - 5
1. Tyler
2. DCStyles
3. NeikeDjour
4. Maelven
5. CappyZed

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Moto Grand Prix is an exciting game for all ages with a fast, realistic, dice-based system for playing multi-lap races quickly. Moto Grand Prix's beautiful, accurate models can lean and wheelie, and the modular boards allow a wide range of realistic circuits.

Although it takes just minutes to learn, experienced players and racing fans can add optional rules to crank up the realism even more. Experience the thrill of high-speed motorcycle racing with Moto Grand Prix!

Race track tiles are 10cm wide and come in different length and shapes - straights and curves.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Rosencrantz

I know some people still wanted to try Vinhos after I last brought it.  Can I add it to the schedule for 6:30?  It will likely take 2.5 hours with 4 people.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Tempest

Vinhos (Portuguese word for "wines") is a trading and economic game about wine making.

Despite its small size, Portugal is one of the world's leading wine producers. Why not get to know the country around a table? Over six years of harvests, cultivate your vines, choose the best varieties, hire the best oenologists, take part in trade fairs, and show your opponents you are the best winemaker in the game.

The players, winemakers in Portugal, will develop their vineyards and produce wine to achieve maximum profit.
The object of the game is to produce quality wines that can be exchanged for money or victory points.
The best wines are then sent to a wine fair in order to achieve fame and win awards.

Awake your senses and have fun making and selling your own wine.

jobau2460

I was planning on bringing Settlers of Catan, I have one other person interested in playing. If anyone else wants to learn how to play I could teach them as well. Six player expansion is also available depending on who all wants to play.

Bix Conners

I am unable to attend this week. Looking forward to Vinhos, I will hopefully coax you to bring it out another night in the not to distant future. Happy gaming all!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Tempest

Quote from: jobau2460 on November 12, 2013, 02:11:19 PM
I was planning on bringing Settlers of Catan, I have one other person interested in playing. If anyone else wants to learn how to play I could teach them as well. Six player expansion is also available depending on who all wants to play.

Would you like to schedule it for a certain time?

roxy72

Well I think I have to continue with my Portugal theme. Please sign me up for Vinhos :)

Bryce Robinson

I am going to bring out Firefly the game for an 8:00 start. Or a few minutes later depending on how my first game goes.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/138161/firefly-the-game
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

jobau2460

Quote from: Tempest on November 13, 2013, 01:07:07 PM
Quote from: jobau2460 on November 12, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

Would you like to schedule it for a certain time?

I would say 6:30pm. I have two people interested in playing now, plus me. I don't feel this needs to be a featured game seeing how common place it is.