Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Nov 12th (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 24, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited

Click HERE for Important Information about these events
:excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Libertalia

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited
GAME: Libertalia
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Rosencrantz
3. R Newell

GAME: Castles of Burgundy
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
DURATION: 120 minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Matt Robertson
2. Alex Dearborn
3. Miles
4. Marc Bendig

Game:  Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 120 minutes
PLAYERS... 2-6
1. DCStyles
2. Street_Disciple
3. Roxy72
4. Age of Empires

Game: Zombicide (Second season w/expansion)
Teacher: NeikeDjour
Start Time: 6:30
Players: 2-6
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Cyclades
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 8:00
PLAYERS... 5
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Alex Dearborn
3. Rosencrantz
4. Bryce
5. R Newell

waiting list for Cyclades:
1. Barry Ellis

Game:  Tobago
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 9:00
PLAYERS... 4
1. Matt Robertson
2. Omegadirective
3. Neikedjour
4. Jual

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Colin Dearborn

In Libertalia, you must thwart the plans of competitive pirates over the course of three rounds while using cards that show the same crew members as your piratical comrades-in-arms. Yes, not only do they attack the same ships, but they employ the same type of ravenous scum that you do! Can you take advantage of the powers of your characters at the right time? Will you be outdone by a pirate smarter than you? Jump into the water and prove your tactical skills!

Cordawg

Colin Dearborn

Been awhile since I have been able to come out and run games, feel like scheduling another.

After Libertalia is done (likely around 8pm) I will then run Cyclades

Players must buy the favor of the gods in their race to be the first player to build two cities in the Ancient Greek island group known as the Cyclades.

Victory requires respect for all the gods - players cannot afford to sacrifice to only one god, but must pay homage to each of five gods in turn. Each turn, the players bid for the favors of the gods, as only one player can have the favor of each god per turn - and each player is also limited to the favor of a single god per turn.

• Ares allows the movement of player armies and the building of Fortresses.
• Poseidon allows players to move their navies and build Ports.
• Zeus allows his followers to hire priests and build temples.
• Athena provides her worshipers with philosophers and universities.
• Apollo increases the income of his worshipers.

Rosencrantz

I'd like to sign up for both cyclades and libertalia, please and thanks.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

R Newell

DCStyles

I can bring & teach Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery for 6:30.  It can play 2-6 players and goes for 2 hours with a full crew.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Tempest

Designed by Glenn Drover, this boardgame allows you to revisit the age of exploration and discovery. Take on the role of a colonial power seeking fame, glory, and riches in the New World. As you proceed through three ages, you can launch expeditions of discovery, colonize regions, expand your merchant fleet, build capitol buildings that give your nation distinct advantages, develop your economy, and, if necessary, declare war.

Though originally published for 5 players, the game is playable by 6 with the original components and board configuration with addition of a set of figures in another color. This was originally offered as an "expansion" and an incentive to pre-order the game. The 6 player expansion will be included in the New expansion Glenn Drover's Empires: Builder Expansion as well as new buildings, and National Advantage tiles.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

I am going to run a couple of games. Castles of Burgundy is one of my favourites. A solid design by Stephan Feld. The other is Tobago, an interesting game with incredible components.

The game is set in the Burgundy region of High Medieval France. Each player takes on the role of an aristocrat, originally controlling a small princedom. While playing they aim to build settlements and powerful castles, practice trade along the river, exploit silver mines, and use the knowledge of travelers.

The game is about players taking settlement tiles from the game board and placing them into their princedom which is represented by the player board. Every tile has a function that starts when the tile is placed in the princedom. The princedom itself consists of several regions, each of which demands its own type of settlement tile.

The game is played in five phases, each consisting of five rounds. Each phase begins with the game board stocked with settlement tiles and goods tiles. At the beginning of each round all players roll their two dice, and the player who is currently first in turn order rolls a goods placement die. A goods tile is made available on the game board according to the roll of the goods die. During each round players take their turns in the current turn order. During his turn, a player may perform any two of the four possible types of actions: 1) take a settlement tile from the numbered depot on the game board corresponding to one of his dice and place it in the staging area on his player board, 2) take a settlement tile from the staging area of his player board to a space on his player board with a number matching one of his dice in the corresponding region for the type of tile and adjacent to a previously placed settlement tile, 3) deliver goods with a number matching one of his dice, or 4) take worker tokens which allow the player to adjust the roll of his dice. In addition to these actions a player may buy a settlement tile from the central depot on the game board and place it in the staging area on his player board. If an action triggers the award of victory points, those points are immediately recorded. Each settlement tile offers a benefit, additional actions, additional money, advancement on the turn order track, more goods tiles, die roll adjustment or victory points. Bonus victory points are awarded for filling a region with settlement tiles.

The game ends when the last player finishes his turn of the fifth round of the fifth phase. Victory points are awarded for unused money and workers, and undelivered goods. Bonus victory points from certain settlement tiles are awarded at the end of the game.

Tobago is an adventure game, in which the players possess different parts of treasure maps. During the game, more and more information about the locations of the treasures are revealed, and the possible locations are narrowed down. When a player identifies the location of one of the treasures, they try to reach it as fast as possible to secure the findings.

The game features a modular game board.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.