Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Nov 12th (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 24, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roxy72

It almost seems like the games are themed this week. Lots of conquering new lands, pirates and medieval themes.  I like it.  Please sign me up for Age of Empires, I've played that as a computer game and I'm interested to try it out in board game format.

Bricktown

Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

akaAelius

So if we wanted to come out and possibly bring Spartacus to just play a pick up game would that be possible? Or do all games have to be scheduled in and rostered?
"If there is doubt, there is no doubt"
~Robert De Niro

Tempest

Quote from: DCStyles on November 11, 2013, 06:44:50 PM
I actually have space for 6 players in Age of Empires 3 with the additional colour.  Just noticed there's only 5 spots on the sign in page

Sorry, fixed.

Quote from: akaAelius on November 11, 2013, 11:05:55 PM
So if we wanted to come out and possibly bring Spartacus to just play a pick up game would that be possible? Or do all games have to be scheduled in and rostered?

It's definitely possible. While it can be helpful to schedule games ahead of time, so you know who'll be available at what times and everything, there are also a fair amount of people who either bring their own games and play them, or come and look to see what games are available.

Long story short, if you want to just bring the game and see what happens, go right ahead! :)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bellis

Tyler, if you have any inclination to bring out Tzolk'in or Africana, I'd certainly be enthusiastic about giving either a try. I'm just not sure how early I can make it out. I had to reschedule from last Friday to have an electrician come tomorrow afternoon to install an outlet for my new stove, and don't know when he will be done. I'm hoping to be free to go to CC by 7:00 pm. Currently just on a waiting list for Cyclades at 8:00pm, so probably have the evening wide open for anything that might come up for play. 

NeikeDjour

I just got in the new expansion and complete second season for Zombicide (Toxic City Mall and Prison Outbreak). I haven't tried them out yet, but it shouldn't be too much to learn from the base game. I can start that at 6:30pm. Up to 6 players. 60-120 minutes.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Tempest

Quote from: Bellis on November 11, 2013, 11:31:11 PM
Tyler, if you have any inclination to bring out Tzolk'in or Africana, I'd certainly be enthusiastic about giving either a try. I'm just not sure how early I can make it out. I had to reschedule from last Friday to have an electrician come tomorrow afternoon to install an outlet for my new stove, and don't know when he will be done. I'm hoping to be free to go to CC by 7:00 pm. Currently just on a waiting list for Cyclades at 8:00pm, so probably have the evening wide open for anything that might come up for play.

I'm actually not going to be able to make it this week. I can schedule either/or or both for next week though.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Zombicide is a collaborative game in which players take the role of a survivor – each with unique abilities – and harness both their skills and the power of teamwork against the hordes of unthinking undead! Zombies are predictable, stupid but deadly, controlled by simple rules and a deck of cards. Unfortunately for you, there are a LOT more zombies than you have bullets.

Find weapons, kill zombies. The more zombies you kill, the more skilled you get; the more skilled you get, the more zombies appear. The only way out is zombicide!

Play ten scenarios on different maps made from the included modular map tiles, download new scenarios from the designer's website, or create your own!

Season 2: Prison Outbreak takes the players to an indoor environment with vicious close-ranged fights, Prison Outbreak contains all the needed material for a new player to enter the Zombicide universe, and lots of content, almost all new, for an existing Zombicide player to expand his game experience. In fact, Prison Outbreak holds even more material than the core game published in 2012 (now nicknamed Season 1)!

The Prison Outbreak will feature berserker zombies. They're really tied to each other. Prison tiles display tortuous alleys, small rooms and doors everywhere, filled with berserker zombies immune to ranged weapons. You have to think fast, foresee the improbable and jump into melee at every turn. This is like a modern dungeon where levers are replaced with switches to open or lock doors, use security rooms and reach secret areas.

Prison Outbreak also contains six new survivors with their Zombivor aspects. These survivors are really designed to act as a team, as their skills really complement each other. They're precious assets to any Zombicide team.

Missions featured in the rulebook form a campaign on their own, as survivors battle to turn a zombie-filled prison into a reliable shelter. Many challenges await them, but they have new tools of the trade: riot shields, automatic shotguns, concrete saws and many more toys. There's even an alternate ending.

The Toxic City Mall will also include new equipment cards (such as assault rifles, laser pointers or flamethrower) and new game modes: Toxic City Mall will introduce barricade rules, giant-sized rubble tokens to change your boards and Zombivor rules. Players will be able to lead these undead heroes against the zombie hordes, with totally new mechanics. Then there's the Ultrared Mode, allowing players to gain new Skills after reaching the Red Danger Level, and super Ultrared weapons usable only by Red Level survivors.

Bellis

QuoteScratch that, looks like I'm workin'.

Sorry Tyler, my bad! I didn't notice your earlier note advising you would not be there. Anyway, my vote is for Africana. I've never seen that one out at CC, so there would probably be plenty of interest from others to try it out. If you are agreeable to schedule it for next week, I think I would be able to make it for any time slot favorable to you. Thanks!

Marc Bendig