Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Nov 5th (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 24, 2013, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: LoganD
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Tempest
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: DC Comics Deck-Building Game

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: DC Comics Deck-Building Game
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 45 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Tempest
2. Colin Dearborn
3. Amanda Dearborn
4. Street_Disciple
5. Bellis

GAME: Power Grid
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 6:45
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. DCStyles
2. omegadirective
3. Falconias
4. Gypsywolf

GAME: Takenoko
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
PLAYERS... 4
1. NeikeDjour
2. Matt Robertson
3. Rosencrantz
4. Tyson

GAME: Cuba Libra
TEACHER: Mark M
DURATION: 240 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Mark M
2. Cordawg

GAME: Tokaido
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
START TIME: 7:30
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Rosencrantz
2. Tyson
3. NeikeDjour
4. Matt Robertson
5. KimberlyCupcake

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Batman! Superman! Wonder Woman! Aquaman! The Flash! Green Lantern! Cyborg! The Justice League of America is ready for action – are you? Fight the never-ending battle for truth, justice, and peace in the DC Comics Deck-Building Game!

To start the game, each player chooses one of the seven over-sized hero cards, each of which has a special power, and starts with a deck of ten cards. Each turn, a player starts with a hand of five cards and can acquire or conquer the five types of cards in the game: heroes, villains and super-villains, equipment, super powers, and locations. To defeat villains, you'll need to have power – but when a super-villain is defeated, a new one comes into play, attacking all the heroes while doing so. Make sure you've acquired defenses – like superspeed or bulletproof powers, or The Batsuit equipment – to protect yourself from harm.

Craft your hero deck into a well-oiled machine to take on the most vile villains in the DC Universe in your quest for Victory (Points)!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Colin Dearborn

Reserving 2 spots in the DC deck building game.

Myself, and likely Amanda.

DCStyles

I can host a game of Power Grid at 6:30 on a custom printed board of Canada, as well as all of the promo expansion cards and some hydro mixed into the plant deck.  There is space for 6 players and the game will take about 2 hrs.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

omegadirective

Street_Disciple

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bellis

Hey Tyler, please reserve that last spot for me for the DC Comics Deck Building Game. Thanks!

ChadBoudreau

The object of Power Grid is to supply the most cities with power when someone's network gains a predetermined size. In this new edition, players mark pre-existing routes between cities for connection, and then bid against each other to purchase the power plants that they use to power their cities.

However, as plants are purchased, newer, more efficient plants become available, so by merely purchasing, you're potentially allowing others access to superior equipment.

Additionally, players must acquire the raw materials (coal, oil, garbage, and uranium) needed to power said plants (except for the 'renewable' windfarm/ solar plants, which require no fuel), making it a constant struggle to upgrade your plants for maximum efficiency while still retaining enough wealth to quickly expand your network to get the cheapest routes.

DCStyles will be teaching this game at 6:30pm. He will be using a special Canada map.