Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Oct.29 (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 06, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: 1830: Railways and Robber Barons

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: 1830: Railways and Robber Barons
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-6
1. Marc Bendig
2. Omegadirective
3. LoganD
4. Aimee
5. Gypsywolf

GAME: Lords of Waterdeep
TEACHER: Tyler Polishak/Tempest
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Tempest
2. Craftybernardo
3. NeikeDjour
4. JohnnyThrust
5. Falconias

GAME: World of Warcraft Miniatures Game
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-4
1. NeikeDjour
2. Tempest
3. Baerik
4. Matthew

GAME: Campaign: Carcassonne College Details
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 8:00-ish
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. Matt Robertson
2. LoganD
3. Qwijybo
4. CappyZed
5. Becksta joy
6. Cordawg

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

For anyone that was attending on the 8th, this will be a shortened version of the game that should only take about 90 minutes; if you weren't there, let me tell you it looked very interesting! I'll let everyone else have a chance to sign up before I throw my hat in. (That and I still have a few new games I want to bring to the table, so we'll see what's up haha.)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

So, speaking of new games that I want to try out, I think I'm going to try doing things a little differently this week. Instead of scheduling a game/time, I'm going to throw up a short list of stuff I'd like to bring to the table this week. I really enjoy teaching games, almost as much as playing them, so I'd be happy to teach/play any of the following. Also, if someone knows any of the games, or wants to learn them at the same time as I'm playing another, I am okay with lending one out so long as it's in close-ish proximity to me ;p

This week, I'd be interested in bringing out any of the following:
Tzolk'in
The DC Deck-building Game
Lords of Waterdeep

and of course, my personal favourite, Small World (With expansions if enough people are familiar with the game, or just the base game if the majority are new... I'm happy either way  :excited)

Again, please please feel free to make a request, anyone, I'm more than happy to oblige in any way if it means everyone gets to have fun and new experiences! Also, if you're really brave, you can check out my entire collection on boardgamegeek here ...you just may have to click "Views" then "owned". In any case, good gaming and hope to see lots of people this coming Tuesday!

craftybernardo

I have been interested in trying out Lords of Waterdeep if you are planning on bringing it out

Tempest

Sounds good. I can schedule it for 6:30 if that works?

Also, if anyone else wants to do the same thing I did here, just go ahead and put a list of stuff you'd like to play... I can use forum magic to turn them into links and stuff. ;p

craftybernardo

NeikeDjour

I can bring and teach WoW Miniatures (4 players, 60 minutes @ 6:30pm). I have 2 boards and enough characters for each, so I can teach 2 games at once if there is enough interest. I'll bring some other games as well, but depending on how many people want to play WoW, we'll see where it goes. :)
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

omegadirective

Tempest

D'oh, every time I host something, I miss out on something neat! I'd definitely like to check out the WoW minis game some time, I just started playing after an 8-month-ish (give or take) hiatus. Please tell me there's Pandaren? I love those guys. In any case, everyone's all set up.  :excited

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Tempest on October 23, 2013, 10:24:57 PMPlease tell me there's Pandaren? I love those guys.
They stopped producing the game back in 2008 after making their first expansion set. It's unfortunate. But due to that, there is little new in terms of the new races and different race/class combos. The only good news I can tell you is that there is one Pandaren - Chen is a playable character. =D

And also due to the game being discontinued and being sold at a fraction of the cost, I have all of the playable figures. So you can at least have a look even if you don't get a chance to play.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List