Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Oct. 8 (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 02, 2013, 02:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Roxanne Stankievech
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: 1830: Railways and Robber Barons

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: 1830: Railways and Robber Barons
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 300 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-7
1. Marc Bendig
2. Cordawg
3. Matt Robertson

GAME: Nation: A MIGHTY Spark
TEACHER: Dyson
START TIME: 7:30 PM
DURATION: 30-60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-4
1. Dyson
2. Bellis

GAME: 
TEACHER: 
START TIME:
DURATION:
PLAYERS...

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

1830 is one of the most famous 18xx games. One of the things some gamers like about this game is that the game has 'no chance' element. That is to say, if players wished to play two games with the same moves, the outcome would be the same also.

This game takes the basic mechanics from Tresham's 1829, and adds several new elements. Players are seeking to make the most money by buying and selling stock in various share companies located on eastern United States map. The stock manipulation aspect of the game is widely-regarded as one of the best. The board itself is actually a fairly abstract hexagonal system, with track tiles placed on top of the hexes. Plus each 18xx title adds new and different elements to the game. This game features private rail companies and an extremely vicious, 'robber baron' oriented stock market. A game is finished when the bank runs out of money or one player is forced to declare bankruptcy, and the player with the greatest personal holdings wins.

The 2011 version of 1830 was published by Mayfair Games in partnership with Lookout Games of Germany. This publication was developed under license from Francis Tresham in co-operation with Bruce Shelley (the original 1830 developer). This version contains rules and components for Francis Tresham's original classic design, a faster-playing basic game, and new variants from some of the world's best railroad game developers.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Cordawg

Im in for 1830 its a long one but I always like  the train game

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

dyobb

Hey guys! Dyson here again. I would like to offer people the chance to try out Nation again. Our indiegogo crowdfunding campaigne to self-publish this game ends this month.

See the campaign here:  www.indiegogo.com/projects/nation-the-civ-card-game

Nation: A MIGHTY Spark is a worker placement civilization card game where 2 to 4 players can play, vying to have the most victory points at the end of the game. Worker tokens are placed on a map cards to:
A. Play cards from your hand that give unique and sometimes game changing abilities and resources.
B. Build up towns which give you victory points and  have placed in their nation.
C. Explore new map areas to annex tribes or obtain more civilians.
D. Battle other players to to overthrow their towns or remove their civilian cards

A game can take from 1/2 an hour to 1 hour and is fairly easy to learn.

i'd like to book the timeslot of 7:30 pm. I hope you can join me to help me make Nation a better game!

Bellis

Hey Dyson, I'm willing to go for another playtest of Nation. See you tomorrow.

Tempest

I think I'd like to try out some of the new games I managed to win at the fundraiser this past weekend. I think on the top of my list are Africana, Pamplona and Carcassonne (although I HAVE played it a few times now). There is also a good chance I'm going to pick up either Lords of Waterdeep or the DC Comics Deck-building Game.

Bryce Robinson

Last train game I played didn't work out so well for me. I would like to try it but I wont be there until after 7. maybe next time.  :popcorn
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Tempest

Game Night Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 39

GAMES PLAYED: Carcassonne, Fury of Dracula, Spartacus, Archipelago, 1830, Power Grid, Dominion Seaside, NATION, Oriente, Vegas Dice, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Eminent Domain, Twilight Struggle, One Night Werewolf

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
(1) The 24 Hours to Play With Your Food Event was a HUGE success, nearly tripling the goal of $5000 with a final tally over $13,000!
(2) Speaking of, it was announced that there WILL be another event next year, making this year the first annual. To see how Dana Tillusz of Comic Readers is already taking initiative check out this link HERE

Be sure to check out the revised venue info page and FAQ HERE

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com

R Newell

Wow, many awesome games got played last night.  I missed out.