Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Oct. 1 (18:00)

Started by Marc Bendig, September 25, 2013, 05:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Bendig

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR:  Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Factory Fun

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Factory Fun
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS 5
1. Marc Bendig
2. Theodain
3. Deb32
4. sleepydragon
5. Mr. sleepydragon

GAME: Downfall of Pompeii
TEACHER: Chad Boudreau
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION:60 Minutes
PLAYERS  4
1. Breton
2. Chad
3. Jason72

*****    FORMULA D LEAGUE (Structure) / (Discussion)    *****
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Tyler Polishak
2. Brent
3. Bryce
4. Damien
5. Becky
6. Chris
7. Trent
8. Cory

GAME: King of Tokyo with Power Up! Expansion
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION:30 Minutes
PLAYERS  6
1. DCStyles
2. Nater

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Tempest

That it is! And what better way to celebrate than with the championship race of the Chewsday Challenge Formula D League? I wish there were puns I could make that connect racing to birthday cake. Oh well. In any case, I should be there and ready to roll!

I also updated the roster with everyone that I talked to already or already have confirmation of their attendance. I'll update as necessary.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Theodain

I should try playing something new... Buuuuut it's Factory Fun. I can't say no, so sign me up!

ChadBoudreau

The year is 79 A.D. Pompeii, sitting at the foot of Vesuvius, is at the high point in its development. People come to the city from far and wide to try to make their luck in the city. So far nobody has dreamed of the danger that will bury all of their dreams under mountains of ash just ten years later. Who will survive the eruption of Vesuvius unscathed?

The game falls into two halves: before and after the eruption of Vesuvius. Before the eruption, players play cards to place their pieces in buildings. After the first eruption, they can also place as many relatives as the number of pieces already in the building they placed their piece in. When Omen cards are drawn, the player can take any opponent's piece and throw it into the erupting volcano. In this manner, players try to get as many pieces onto the board as close to the exits from the city as possible.

After the second eruption, the game changes. Now each player places a lava tile, which destroys any pieces on that square and may block exits from the city. Then they move two pieces toward the exits, moving them a number of squares equal to the pieces on the square from which they started. The player who gets the most pieces out of the city wins.

ChadBoudreau

Players attempt to build the most successful factory to produce the best products by connecting input and output reservoirs smartly to your machines to build the most profitable factory!

Players each start with a unique empty factory floor with a support pillar in the middle. During the game you purchase machines to place in your factory. Each machine takes 1 to 3 inputs from reservoirs (yellow, blue, red, and brown) and produces one output (of the same colors, or black end products). You must always connect all reservoirs and machines correctly by using the connectors (the pipelines). At the start this is easy, but becomes more puzzling during the game.

Players start with one of each color reservoir, and can sometimes acquire additional reservoirs. On the machine-tiles you see the revenue of each machine. Connecting machines to each other (input on output) makes more advanced products which brings extra profit. But building connectors and reservoirs costs money and you must try to have the most money at the end.

It was originally published by Cwali for 2-4 players, and later reprinted by Z-Man in a larger box with components for 2-5 players.

ChadBoudreau

Breton and I are going to bring Downfall of Pompeii. We have room for 2 more players. Game takes approximately 60 minutes.

Deb32

Please sign me up for Factory Fun and Jason72 for Downfall of Pompeii.  Thanks!

Cordawg

DCStyles

I'll bring King of Tokyo with the Power Up! expansion.  Will play a few games of it over the course of the night, the first one can start at 6:30pm, and there's space each game for up to 6 players.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!