Magic - Theros Pre-Release - ComicReaders Downtown - September 21 & 22, 2013

Started by ChadBoudreau, September 02, 2013, 10:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Theros Pre-release *Magic: The Gathering*

DESCRIPTION
The Theros Prerelease presents players with a special opportunity to open a Prerelease Pack and begin their journey down the Hero's Path. There are five Prerelease Packs to choose from; each color has a Heroic Path: White – Honor, Blue – Wisdom, Black – Ambition, Red – Battle, and Green – Might.

The Theros Prelease will also be players' first opportunity to earn a Hero Card, which they can use to Face the Hydra at Theros Game Day. To learn more about the Hero's Path, go to http://www.MTGHerosPath.com.

Each Prerelease Pack contains items designed specifically for the chosen Heroic Path.

- 5 Theros booster packs
- 1 seeded booster pack
- 1 promo card
- 1 Choose Your Path activity card
- 1 Spindown™ life counter
- 1 Hero's Path Welcome Letter
- 1 Hero Card

For this event, players may use the promo card included with the Prerelease Pack in their tournament deck.

DATE & TIME
Each Pre-Release event will end after 4 Rounds, regardless of the number of players involved. This is what is done at larger tournaments (such as regional and national events). This helps prevent player burnout, but also allows us to set a schedule for each pre-release event. The schedule you see below is tentative and is subject to change as we get develop these events further.

Saturday, September 21, 2013
First Event
Build: 10am
First Round: 11am
Ends: 3pm

Second Event
Build: TBD
First Round: TBD
Ends: TBD

Third Event

Sunday, September 22, 2013
First Event
Build: 11am
First Round: 11:30am
Ends: 3pm

Second Event

Third Event

COST
$25

EVENT ORGANIZER
Chad Boudreau

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
We have never had to turn away players but some of our recent Pre-Release events have been very popular so make sure you arrive in time to register.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Ask your questions on the forum or give us a call (779-0900) and we will endeavor to answer in a timely fashion.

Lordofdarkness2

Just wondering what time would the latest event go until? Do you stay open in the evenings Saturday for events? A couple friends and I are in Regina Saturday night and would love to experience a pre-release.

Thank for any info. :)

ChadBoudreau

The store does stay open late on the Saturday. We close to the public around 5pm but the pre-release has gone as late as 11pm in the past.

Lordofdarkness2

Ok cool. Another question, it is possible to leave early if I'm getting pressed for time?
(I'm not concerned with winning or points or anything, mostly the experience)

If I give your store a call closer to the date will you have the TBD event times ready?

Thanks very much for the info.

Cheers

Blake

You can leave at any time, just make sure you inform someone at the counter that you are dropping. This ensures you are removed from the pairings in the next round.

The second event, on both days, should start shortly after round one 3:30-4:00. The number of people participating in the second event dictates how many rounds it is and thus how long it will take. As such, it is difficult to predict when/if the third will begin.

Lordofdarkness2

Thank you very much for the information. I will be there Saturday at 9:00! :)

ChadBoudreau

An update. Registration begins at 10am on Sunday, not 9am as previously listed. I've updated the original post.