Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Sept 24, 2013 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, August 30, 2013, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Space Alert

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Space Alert
TEACHER: Chad Boudreau
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS: 5
1. Breton
2. Rosencrantz
3. Street_Disciple
4. Tyson Mulatz

GAME: Small World
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 6:30pm
PLAYERS: 5
1. Tempest
2. CappyZed
3. craftybernardo
4. Nater

GAME: The Resistance
TEACHER: Garrek42
START TIME: 7:00pm
PLAYERS: 10
1. Garrek42
2. DCStyles

GAME: Nation: A MIGHT Spark
TEACHER: Dyson Yobb
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. Dyson Yobb
2. Marc Bendig
3. Roxy72

GAME: Robinson Crusoe
TEACHER: Ryan Newell
START TIME: 8:00pm 
DURATION:120 Minutes
PLAYERS: 4
1. Baerik
2. DCSTyles
3. Rosencrantz
4. Tyson Mulatz

GAME: Nation: A MIGHT Spark
TEACHER: Dyson Yobb
START TIME: 8:30pm
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. Dyson Yobb

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

R Newell

Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island takes the players to a deserted island, where they'll play the parts of shipwreck survivors confronted by an extraordinary adventure. They'll be faced with the challenges of building a shelter, finding food, fighting wild beasts, and protecting themselves from weather changes. Building walls around their homes, animal domestication, constructing weapons and tools from what they find and much more awaits them on the island. The players decide in which direction the game will unfold and – after several in-game weeks of hard work – how their settlement will look. Will they manage to discover the secret of the island in the meantime? Will they find a pirate treasure, or an abandoned village? Will they discover an underground city or a cursed temple at the bottom of a volcano? Answers to these questions lie in hundreds of event cards and hundreds of object and structure cards that can be used during the game...

I'll run a game of Robinson Crusoe at 8:00.  It's a co-op that accommodates 4 players that, according to the box, should take 2 hours.  With rules explanation, I'm guessing it would wrap up at 10:30.

EDIT: I changed the start time from 6:30 to 8:00 so it doesn't conflict with Space Alert.

Bix Conners

It's a cooperative team survival game. Players become crew members of a small spaceship scanning dangerous sectors of galaxy. The missions last just 10 real-time minutes (hyperspace jump, sector scan, hyperspace jump back) and the only task the players have is to protect their ship.

On 2 CDs (or Scenario cards if you don't have a CD player available) are ten minute long soundtracks that represent central computer announcements about the presence of various threats. These vary from space battleships and interceptors to different interstellar monsters and abominations, asteroids or even intruders and malfunctions on the spaceship. Players have to agree who will take care of which task and coordinate their actions (moving around the ship, firing weapons, distributing energy, using battlebots to deal with intruders, launching guided missiles, etc.) in real time to defend the ship. Only a well-working team can survive 10 minutes and make the jump back to safety.

The game offers several difficulty levels, huge variability and a unique experience for one to five player teams. One mission lasts only about 30 minutes, including setup and evaluation.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bryce Robinson

Gah, you would put the final race on the same night I ambassador. Curses.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Tempest

Crikey, I might move it to the first week in october, because Chris said this Tuesday doesn't work either for him. As always, I want to accommodate as many people as possible, so I'll let everyone chime in.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

DCStyles

Please sign me up for Robinson Crusoe, read about it on BGG and it seems like an interesting game to learn.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Bryce Robinson

Quote from: Tempest on September 05, 2013, 03:35:14 PM
Crikey, I might move it to the first week in october, because Chris said this Tuesday doesn't work either for him. As always, I want to accommodate as many people as possible, so I'll let everyone chime in.

moving it would be better for me.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Rosencrantz

I'd like to sign up for both Space Alert and Robinson Crusoe.  Thanks.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Garrek42

I'd like to run a big game of The Resistance. Takes at least five and up to ten. I'd like to go through about three times so should be about 90 minutes.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance

Bix Conners

Quote from: Garrek42 on September 17, 2013, 12:09:38 PM
I'd like to run a big game of The Resistance. Takes at least five and up to ten. I'd like to go through about three times so should be about 90 minutes.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/the-resistance

What time would you like to start?
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.