Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Sept 17, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Bix Conners, August 30, 2013, 08:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Roxanne Stankievech
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Kingdom Builder

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Kingdom Builder
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Matt Robertson
2. Robert Kuster
3. Street-Disciple
4. nater

GAME: Game of Thrones (2nd edition)
TEACHER: Adam McInnis
DURATION: 180 Minutes
PLAYERS: 3-6
1. Adam McInnis
2. Marc Bendig
3. Theodain

GAME:
TEACHER:
DURATION: ... Minutes
PLAYERS...

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

In Kingdom Builder, the players create their own kingdoms by skillfully building their settlements, aiming to earn the most gold at the end of the game.

Nine different kinds of terrain are on the variable game board, including locations and castles. During his turn, a player plays his terrain card and builds three settlements on three hexes of this kind. If possible, a new settlement must be built next to one of that player's existing settlements. When building next to a location, the player may seize an extra action tile that he may use from his next turn on. These extra actions allow extraordinary actions such as moving your settlements.

By building next to a castle, the player will earn gold at the end of the game, but the most gold will be earned by meeting the conditions of the three Kingdom Builder cards; these three cards (from a total of ten in the game) specify the conditions that must be met in order to earn the much-desired gold, such as earning gold for your settlements built next to water hexes or having the majority of settlements in a sector of the board.

Each game, players will use a random set of Kingdom Builder cards (3 of 10), special actions (4 of 8), and terrain sectors to build the map (4 of 8), ensuring you won't play the same game twice!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Pyre

So I'm thinking I want to bring the Game of Thrones Board game (2nd edition) to play on this evening, as I've had some interest.
It is a fantasy war-game for 3-6 players with a play time of about three hours. Each player plays as a Great House of Westeros (Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell, and Martell) and attempts to muster an army to fight the War of the Five kings and lay claim to the Iron Throne.
We should be able to start at 6:30.
Thanks!

Tempest

Quote from: Pyre on September 11, 2013, 01:48:38 PM
So I'm thinking I want to bring the Game of Thrones Board game (2nd edition) to play on this evening, as I've had some interest.
It is a fantasy war-game for 3-6 players with a play time of about three hours. Each player plays as a Great House of Westeros (Stark, Greyjoy, Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell, and Martell) and attempts to muster an army to fight the War of the Five kings and lay claim to the Iron Throne.
Thanks!

I think that one's gone over fairly well in the recent past, so sounds good! :)

What's the duration typically?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Marc Bendig

Theodain

Pyre

Quote from: Tempest on September 11, 2013, 07:03:01 PM
Quote from: Pyre on September 11, 2013, 01:48:38 PM
Thanks!

I think that one's gone over fairly well in the recent past, so sounds good! :)

What's the duration typically?

As stated in my post, about three hours.
Also, feel free to list me as Adam McInnis.

Tempest

Will do, and I'm sorry, I read the post twice, and I STILL missed the duration. I'll add it to the main post! :)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Street_Disciple

nater