Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Sept 10, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Bix Conners, August 29, 2013, 01:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Factory Fun

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Factory Fun
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Marc Bendig
2. Baerik
3. Theodain
4. Matt Robertson
5. Pyre

GAME: Powerboats
TEACHER: Chad Boudreau
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 90 minutes
PLAYERS 6
1. Chad Boudreau
2. Baerik

GAME:
TEACHER:
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: ... Minutes
PLAYERS...

*****   TWILIGHT STRUGGLE LEAGUE NIGHT (Info) *****
1. nater
2. Mark M
3.  DCStyles

MATCHES:

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

Players attempt to build the most successful factory to produce the best products by connecting input and output reservoirs smartly to your machines to build the most profitable factory!

Players each start with a unique empty factory floor with a support pillar in the middle. During the game you purchase machines to place in your factory. Each machine takes 1 to 3 inputs from reservoirs (yellow, blue, red, and brown) and produces one output (of the same colors, or black end products). You must always connect all reservoirs and machines correctly by using the connectors (the pipelines). At the start this is easy, but becomes more puzzling during the game.

Players start with one of each color reservoir, and can sometimes acquire additional reservoirs. On the machine-tiles you see the revenue of each machine. Connecting machines to each other (input on output) makes more advanced products which brings extra profit. But building connectors and reservoirs costs money and you must try to have the most money at the end.

It was originally published by Cwali for 2-4 players, and later reprinted by Z-Man in a larger box with components for 2-5 players.

Bix Conners

"Now the trumpet summons us again, not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are – but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle..."
– John F. Kennedy

In 1945, unlikely allies toppled Hitler's war machine, while humanity's most devastating weapons forced the Japanese Empire to its knees in a storm of fire. Where once there stood many great powers, there then stood only two. The world had scant months to sigh its collective relief before a new conflict threatened. Unlike the titanic struggles of the preceding decades, this conflict would be waged not primarily by soldiers and tanks, but by spies and politicians, scientists and intellectuals, artists and traitors. Twilight Struggle is a two-player game simulating the forty-five year dance of intrigue, prestige, and occasional flares of warfare between the Soviet Union and the United States. The entire world is the stage on which these two titans fight to make the world safe for their own ideologies and ways of life. The game begins amidst the ruins of Europe as the two new "superpowers" scramble over the wreckage of the Second World War, and ends in 1989, when only the United States remained standing.

nater

As someone new to the group/gaming - would I still be able to sign up for Twilight Struggle? I have not played and am not in the league.

Bix Conners

Quote from: nater on September 05, 2013, 10:16:55 AM
As someone new to the group/gaming - would I still be able to sign up for Twilight Struggle? I have not played and am not in the league.

I believe so, I will let Mark M (League Manager) comment though.

Mark M

Sign me up for Twilight Struggle

Quote from: nater on September 05, 2013, 10:16:55 AM

Sure, go ahead and sign up, I think there may be some other new players as well.

ChadBoudreau

Compete in races with speedboats! The more boats, the better the competition! Race as fast as you can between the islands and around the buoys on the large modular gameboard, but be careful not to crash! Use the unique new 3-sided dice to determine your speed by the unique mechanic of adding/removing dice to accelerate/brake.

Powerboats is easy to play, but can be tricky. There is luck of the dice, but the main challenge is to manage your speed and routes the best.

ChadBoudreau

I'm Ambassador for the evening but at 8pm (after announcements) I am teaching Powerboats. It supports 6 players and will take approximately 90 minutes. During a game, you will race three circuits. You score points based on how you finish in the circuit, but each has different scoring for positions. That means you can still win the game overall even if you don't do well in the very first circuit

DCStyles

I'd like to sign up for the Twilight Struggle league as well.  I have a copy of the game and can bring it with me.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Tempest

I'll be there for sure, not sure what I'll be bringing, probably looking at something for later in the evening.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.