Pathfinder Society

Started by Gideonblack, August 24, 2013, 07:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gideonblack

I'm thinking of trying to start up a pathfinder society group/groups. So I figured I would start here to see how much interest there is in it.
the rough outline of what its basically a group of adventurers travelling the world, finding artifacts, exploring new and lost places. Think Indiana Jones meets Living Greyhawk. While your characters are pathfinders, each character works for a faction within the pathfinders. For every mission, about one a month, each faction gives a quest to complete within the mission. there is a good amount of roleplaying and skills are used more often then most adventures.
It uses the Pathfinder rpg system, which is described as D&D 3.75
If your interested in learning more about either the Pathfinder system or the Pathfinder Society just let me know and I'll do my best to explain.

PurpleDuckGames

Hi Gideon,

Where are you located? Are you still looking to run a Pathfinder Society Game?

- Mark

Gideonblack

I'm in Moose Jaw and game here and in Regina. I see that Dragon's Den in Saskatoon started a Pathfinder Society. Sadly I work sundays so still looking.

akaAelius

I'm actually amazed that Regina doesn't already have a Pathfinder Society group.  The small town of Brandon Manitoba even has one!
"If there is doubt, there is no doubt"
~Robert De Niro

Cordawg

Ya I know that is kinda weird that regina doesn't have a pathfinder society group

akaAelius

Doesn't surprise me though, our gaming community is fairly fractured.  And the game stores aren't interested in helping promote or facilitate the community in the least unless it makes them money.   When I approached them to promote our LARP, Readers pretty much told me that since they don't sell it, they don't really care to help.  Seems a little off putting, and made me stop using local owned stores for game purchasing.  I'll even drive the two hours to Saskatoon if need be over using one of the stores here for the simple fact that their gaming store is in the business to promote the community and encourage gaming all around.  But that's just me ranting a bit. :P

"If there is doubt, there is no doubt"
~Robert De Niro

Gideonblack

Comic readers has aldways seemed helpful to me, I've have many a good chat there. They even approached me with setting up a pathfinder table at the praire game expo event they set up in January. I've talked with them about free rpg day (june 21) and was asked about the pathfinder card game. I do believe that the next prairie game expo they have I will set up a pathfinder table and see if I can get the Saskatoon PFS to help.

ChadBoudreau

ComicReaders has a long history of supporting and growing game communities in Regina.

We partnered with Boston Pizza and SaskGames more than a year ago to create Chewsday Challenge, a weekly game night hosted at Boston Pizza on north Albert Street. Games are taught and played there, and it has been a great success with 40+ people attending on a regular basis.

We  launched Prairie Game Expo in January 2014, a free to attend all-day gaming event at Core Ritchie Community Centre. We had 158 attendees at that first event. Our second is slated for June 28, 2014. At Prairie Game Expo we had board games, Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, X-Wing, Warmachine / Hordes, a Small World tournament, and a local game designer section where local game designers could demo and talk about their games. One local game designer had recently published their game, and ComicReaders stocks that game in our stores.

At Prairie Game Expo, money raised for food sales for Food for Learning helped feed 2000 children in Regina.

We are involved in 24 Hours to Play with Your Food, a charity event that raised more than 12,000 dollars for Soul's Harbor in Regina.

In our downtown store, we regularly run the following events: Magic: The Gathering, Kaijudo, Yu-Gi-Oh, Heroclix. We organize and run Warhammer and Warhammer 40K Leagues. I write custom scenarios for X-Wing and run those at the store. And starting in May, ComicReaders will be running Netrunner, X-Wing, and Star Wars LCG events in an effort to grow and support those burgeoning communities.

It is not possible for ComicReaders and other gaming stores in Regina to support ALL gaming initiatives. But we do our best to support and grow the communities we know and are passionate about.

Regards,

Chad Boudreau @ ComicReaders Downtown

Twistedminds

Hello there. My name is Daniel Schwab. I have just been named the Venture-Captain of Saskatchewan for my work on the Saskatoon PFS(No my name is not on the official list yet as the IT department is apparently having some trouble with the NDAs). Although I am fairly new, I am here to try and spread PFS games around and advertise as well.
I've started talking to Gideonblack about it as well. If anyone has any questions about PFS I am here to answer them meow.
Anyone interested in starting games as well, I can try and do my best with that. So far, we only our regular games in Saskatoon. The events are posted here by Dragon's Den in the Venues Section of this site.

Lance

Welcome Daniel
Suggestion - maybe start a new thread with the ino you have provided above plus maybe some best practises?