Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - August 27, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 22, 2013, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Flash Point: Fire Rescue

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited
GAME: Flash Point: Fire Rescue
TEACHER:  Bryce Robinson
START TIME:6:30 pm
DURATION: 45-60 Minutes
PLAYERS ...
1. Bryce Robinson
2. craftybernardo
3. R Newell
4. Baerik

GAME: Lords of Waterdeep (with Expansion)
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 18:30
DURATION:... 120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. DCStyles
2. The Geek Cooks
3. The Marxist Marksman
4. Theodain

GAME: Tales of the Arabian Nights
TEACHER: R Newell
START TIME: 20:00
DURATION:... 120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. R Newell
2. Matt Robertson
3. Baerik
4. Colin Dearborn

*****    FORMULA D LEAGUE Structure / Discussion    *****
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS 10
1. Tempest
2. Bricktown
3. Qwijybo
4. Becky
5. CappyZed

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

DCStyles

I can host/teach/play Lords of Waterdeep with the new Scoundrels of Skullport expansion at 6:30pm.  The game is 6 players and takes about 2 hrs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/134342/lords-of-waterdeep-scoundrels-of-skullport
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

craftybernardo

Tempest

Crikey, I shoulda mentioned that it looks like it's already the last week in august, so y'all know what that means... Formula D League Night! If I recall, most people can't make it right at 6:30, so I'd like to aim for a 7:30 start to accommodate everyone as possible. Of course, if less than half of the registered players can't make it, I will postpone it to a later date to best accommodate as many people as possible. :)

There are 10 slots available, with preference being given to registered League Drivers first (I think we are technically at 9, but so far we have had 6 active drivers including myself.) after that, I welcome anyone who is interested in trying the game out to join in and mess things up for the other drivers (just not me please) >:) I think races, with instruction, typically take about 2-3 hours. At least, that's a safe estimation.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

R Newell

R Newell

Also, I'll run a game of Tales of the Arabian Nights at 8:00.  I'm going to cap the number of players at four to ensure the game doesn't run longer than two hours. 

It's more of a random story generator and involves no strategy.  There are thousands of possible encounter paragraphs you might resolve each turn and you have little to no control as to how they'll turn out for you.  It's a lot of fun, but I figured I'd throw that out there so nobody comes in with the wrong expectations.  It also involves a lot of reading aloud by each player.

Bix Conners

I am in for Tales of Arabian Nights. - Been curious about that for awhile.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

TheGeekCooks