Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - July 30, 2013 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, June 14, 2013, 04:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Agricola

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited
GAME: Agricola
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS 5
1. Colin Dearborn
2. DCStyles
3. Corinne Harle
4. The Marxist Marksman
5. The Geek Cooks

GAME: Vinhos
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 180 Minutes
PLAYERS 4
1. Rosencrantz
2. R Newell
3. Qwijybo
4. Baerik

GAME: Games of Thrones Board Game
TEACHER: Chris Smith
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION:180 Minutes
PLAYERS 6
1. Chris Smith
2. Lareina
3. Deb32
4. Jason72
5. Junacorn
6. Bricktown

GAME: Grimoire
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION:60-90 Minutes
PLAYERS 5
1. ZaeraD
2. Mike Gallagher
3. Bellis

*****    FORMULA D LEAGUE Structure / Discussion    *****
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS...
***Postponed to next week***

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Tempest

I will be there of course, for the League Race. As we did last time, and as mentioned elsewhere, if the race is not fully occupied by league racers, other players are welcome, whether or not you have played before. I find it is much more enjoyable with the full 10 racers if possible; it also makes me smile when people who aren't part of the league potentially crush the hopes and dreams of those who are. Of course, it'd make me sad if it happened to me, so don't mess with me please ;p
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

DCStyles

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Rosencrantz

I'd like to add Vinhos to the schedule for 6:30 if possible.  It plays up to 4 and with teaching takes 90 - 180 minutes depending on the number of players.  Also, my wife will be joining me and would like to play Agricola.  Please sign her up (Corinne Harle).

From the box:

In Vinhos (a Portuguese word meaning "Wines") you will play the role of wine producers in Portugal.

Over a period of 6 years, you will expand your business by establishing Estates in the different regions of Portugal, buying vineyards and building wineries. Skilled enologists will help you increase the quality of your wine, while top Wine Experts will enhance its features at the "Feira Nacional do Vinho Português", the Wine Tasting Fair.

Selling your wines to Portuguese local hangouts will establish a market presence for your company, help you secure the funds to expand your company, and to pay your enologists' salaries.

But, as everyone knows, prestige cannot come from money alone. To ensure a good reputation on international markets you must meet the requirements of various Countries, by consistently exporting high-quality wines.

Periodically, a Wine Tasting Fair will be held. It is up to you to decide the best time to announce which wine you intend to present. The choice of the best wine by value and features is essential to the prestige of your company and will definitely make all the difference!
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

R Newell

Oooh.  Sign me up for Vinhos. 

:guinness  (We need a wine sipping emoticon.)

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell

I plan on LARPing this session of Vinhos.  (I assume Boston Pizza has a wide selection of fine Portuguese wine.)

Bix Conners

Quote from: R Newell on July 22, 2013, 04:00:36 PM
I plan on LARPing this session of Vinhos.  (I assume Boston Pizza has a wide selection of fine Portuguese wine.)

/Start Inside Joke

Mind if I call you Jessica, or do you prefer Jess? How about I just call you mom?
/End Inside Joke
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell