Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - April 30th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 10, 2013, 01:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Carcassonne

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Carcassonne
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Jeff Haubrich
3. LoganD

GAME: Food Fight
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
DURATION: 45 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Marc Bendig
2. Samantha
3. Wendy J

GAME: Urbania
TEACHER: Mike Gallagher
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Mike Gallagher
2. Guy Ouellette
3. Bellis

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

"What's that game with those cute little figures?"
"You mean meeples?"
"Yes, I see them everywhere on the Geek!"
"They are from Carcassonne."

Carcassonne is a tile-placement game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof, and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, etcetera. Having placed a tile, the player can then decide to place one of his meeples on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk, or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner.

During a game of Carcassonne, players are faced with decisions like: "Is it really worth putting my last meeple there?" or "Should I use this tile to expand my city, or should I place it near my opponent instead, giving him a hard time to complete his project and score points?" Since players place only one tile and have the option to place one meeple on it, turns proceed quickly even if it is a game full of options and possibilities.

This will be a learning game...so we will only play with a few of the expansions.
Snikt!

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Dana_Tillusz

Interested in bringing a game out this week and teaching it? If so, let me know because we might be a little short on game demo-ers...
Snikt!

Tempest

Hrm, it's been a while since I brought Smallworld to the table, and I still have one last expansion to try out, namely tales and legends It's essentially a deck of cards that add either a penalty or a bonus every round. To avoid too much complication, I'll use the normal board with the non-underground regular and expansion races. Looking at about an 8:00pm start; the game plays 5 people. I'd like to play, but if 5 people want in, I can just delegate myself to teaching/moderating.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: qwijybo on April 24, 2013, 02:23:09 PM
is this basic Carcassonne or are you bringing some expansions.
We'll keep it light and only play with a few of the expansions. No Mega-Carc here!
Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

I will be bringing Wits & Wagers. It's a trivia game with a betting component. Plays with a large group. I will post more details when I figure out a timeslot. Feel free to post to express your interest in playing though.

BackgamTom

Chad, Wits and Wagers sounds like my kinda thing.  Keep me in the loop please.
-Tom
o-<BackgamTom>-o