Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League Tournament - ComicReaders Downtown Mar 10

Started by Lareina, February 12, 2013, 05:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lareina

ComicReaders' Downtown Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5 - 2500 Point Tournament

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION

A 2500 point tournament to end Season 1.5 of the ComicReaders Downtown Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League. Players from the Escalation League use the knowledge they have obtained during the escalation months to create a strong army to fight other armies and hopefully come away victorious!

DATE & TIME
Sunday, March 10, 2013 @ 10am - 6:30pm

ComicReaders Downtown will open for Tournament players at 10am on Sunday. (Store opens to the public at 12pm.) We anticipate the Tournament ending around 6:30 pm. The store will close to the public at 5pm.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE & PRIZES

Players are required to have at least 2 copies of their roster on hand. A copy of the roster needs to be submitted to the store at the beginning of the tournament, any discrepancies in the list and what is fielded will result in disqualification from prizes. Players are recommended to have a copy of their FAQ on hand in case army specific questions are asked by the opponent.

Games will promptly start at 10:15am. Each round of play will be a maximum of 2 hours and 30 minutes, if the game is not finished, it will end on the closest full game turn, and the game will be decided by what is dictated in the book.

First round of play will be Dawn Attack, starting at 10:15am, a short lunch break is available before start of the second round.

Second round of play will be Watchtower, starting at the latest 1:15pm

Third round of play will be Meeting Engagement, starting at the latest 4:00pm

Terrain will be pre set-up, including the Watchtower in the middle of the battlefield, with only Forests counting as Magical terrain.

There will be 4 different categories for prizes. Please note that players cannot win multiple prizes.

Best Score
The player that comes out as the winner in tournament play.

Great Gamer
Best sporting player as rated by fellow players.

Best General
Best combined result of Best Score and Great Gamer.

Best Army
Best looking army, either excellently painted, converted or have a great theme, as voted by fellow players. Note: The army must have been painted by the player.

ROSTER OF COMBATANTS
ComicReaders Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League Season 1.5 Members.
There will be no spots opened to outside players.

THANKS
This League would not be possible without the dedication of ComicReaders' staff.

Some of these conditions may be subject to change.

Lareina

Special Tournament Rules as of March 2:

Magic

• Mages MAY NOT change Lores from battle to battle
  • A player's Armylist must indicate which Lore is being used by which Mage
  • If a player has a Mage that can choose between 2 Lores, they must indicate on the Armylist how many spells they will be taking from each Lore (this number cannot be changed)

Rosters

• The player will only be required to hand in a roster to the store at the beginning of the tournament
  • Players do not need to show an opponent their roster before the game, but may show them the roster after the game
  • Players are recommended to have their FAQs on hand

More rules to come

ChadBoudreau

If you are a member of the general public curious about Warhammer or are already a Warhammer player, feel free to stop by the store during the tournament (store hours are 12pm - 5pm) to see the games in action. Also, there are going to be some fantastically painted armies on display so there's another reason to drop by.

Lareina

Please note, that the 3rd mission has changed from Battle for the Pass to Meeting Engagement.

Prince of Arnheim

Here is a question:

Thanquol can roll his 5 spells from 2 Lores, and can substitute one of his spells for the Dreaded 13th spell. I am only choosing his 5 spells from one lore, and usually replace one spell with the Dreaded 13th unless I am playing Ogres. Is it ok for me to include the 13th spell on my roster and only take it when I know I am facing armies with normal infantry? Or do I always have to take the 13th spell and basically lose a spell when playing Ogres. This works funny with my level 1 Warlock Engineer, who can default his spell to Warp Lightning leaving only 5 spells in the Lore of Ruin which means that Thanquol doesn't even need to roll his spells as there are only 5 left anyways(he gets a bonus spell unlike some level 4's). I know what I just said sounds confusing, so basically I am just wondering if I always have to use the 13th when my armybook states that I have the option to replace one of Thanquols 5 spells with it after figuring out my other spells, which I don't have to do cause there are only 5 spells left after Warp Lightning anyways. :confused

and another:

For the Meeting Engagement scenario, will players still roll to see who divides the table from corner to corner and places their army or will the table be divided already and then players will just roll to see who places their army first?

Lareina

Maeson, if it says you get to choose the Dreaded 13th after knowing your spells, then you get to swap it after rolling for spells. If you put it on the roster then treat it like the listing of spells in your Lore, while you are not required to use the spell, it is written as if you have the option.

In regards to Meeting Engagement, it'll be indicated how the table will be split.

Prince of Arnheim

Thanks for the clarification Lareina! I am glad I have some options for my 450 point character that way.

squalie

I'm going to bring a tag a long (Frank) with me on Sunday.  Lareina, thanks for the quick and resolute responses - you're doing a great job.

Lareina

Okie dokie Don, just make sure you specify he's with you since I'm only letting tournament players in early.

Lareina

Thanks to everyone that came out! Had a blast!

Congratulations to the following people:

Best Score: Barcley
Best General: Chris
Best Army: Don
Great Gamer: Dean, Justin, Mike

We'll have some pictures posted onto our Facebook soon!