MTG - Gatecrash Pre-Release - Saturday, January 26 & Sunday, January 27 2013

Started by ChadBoudreau, January 16, 2013, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lareina

Tempest

Tyler Polishak, sunday morning, Simic (if possible still)

Yes yes kids, that's right, the Tempest is coming to town. No no, I'm not coming out of retirement. Just got some jonesing for some limited. Now accepting sponsors ;p
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Oh, forgot to ask, if first game is at 10, what time are doors/registration?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Jason Morton

Doors are going to open a little before 10. I'll get registration and we should be good to go for round 1 at about 10:45.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

ChadBoudreau

Saturday's Gatecrash Pre-Release was not only our largest Pre-Release but also our largest Magic: The Gathering event ever! For Game 1, ComicReaders Downtown hosted 68 players. That is not a typo! 68 players! That beat our previous largest event (Return to Ravnica Pre-Release) by 16 players.

With 68 players (and with one staff member having to deal with a leaking ceiling for the first half hour of the registration process) it took more than an hour to get everyone physically registered, but all players appeared to be patient and in good spirits. Thanks to all of you for your good humour and patience during that.

We had people playing at tables on the showroom floor. We had people playing at our counters. It seemed there were MTG players in every nook and cranny in the store. All players kept their good cheer and I want to thank you all again for your enthusiasm.

We had 28 players for Game 2 in the afternoon, and 23 die-hards for Game 3, which stretched into the evening and wrappd up just past 10pm.

I stuck around after the doors were closed and reset the store because we're doing it all again today (Sunday)!

It was great to see so many new faces, some out-of-towners, and many of the old faithfuls. I was also very pleased to see the veterans helping out the new players during and after the games. That kind of support is what helps the MTG community thrive. I am honoured to host such wonderful players.