Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 8th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 19, 2012, 10:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Schofield

Perhaps if there are no experienced players of Twilight Struggle coming tomorrow I will pass for this month. It would be very difficult for me to get there by 6pm in any event.

Thanks

Ian

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Ian Schofield on January 07, 2013, 05:13:14 PM
Perhaps if there are no experienced players of Twilight Struggle coming tomorrow I will pass for this month. It would be very difficult for me to get there by 6pm in any event.

Thanks

Ian

Ian, in all honesty, I think it would be better for new players to play with experienced ones. It's a big game and it's better to have a guide to help navigating it.
Snikt!

Ian Schofield

Agreed, but I am not going to be able to be there at six tomorrow. I will try to drop by later.

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Jeff Haubrich

"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."

Theodain

I shall be there tonight! (Sorry for the late reply, wasn't sure for a bit there.)

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

Game Night Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 24 People

GAMES PLAYED: Twilight Struggle, Coloretto, Lancaster, Ninja Burger, Pikemen, Ascension: Mortal Heroes, Kill Doctor Lucky, Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Boardgame, Las Vegas, Smallworld, Thurn & Taxis

ANNOUNCEMENTS: ChewsDay Challenge is off & running in 2013. On a very snowy-blowy night, we were surprised at the attendance. "Neither rain, nor hail, nor sleet, nor snow shall keep the gamers from their appointed games." - I think that is how the famous quote goes. :)

The 2013 Twilight Struggle League started with two players playing a match. Mark Macza is running the league and is it looks like the venue will suit the league quite well. Thanks Mark.

The monthly draw occurred...
...Tyler Polishak was the lucky winner of $50 worth of gift certificates for Boston Pizza. Way to go Tyler.

...David Gray-Owen's name was drawn for the ComicReaders $25 gift certificate but unfortunately was not in attendance. That means that next month, the draw for ComicReaders will be $50.

...Big thanks to both Boston Pizza and ComicReaders for your continued support of ChewsDay Challenge!!!

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.