Magic (FNM) Schedule - ComicReaders Downtown - June 2012

Started by ChadBoudreau, June 01, 2012, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Friday Night Magic *Magic: The Gathering*

DESCRIPTION
For information on the Friday Night Magic promotion please Click Here

DATE & TIME
Friday, June 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2012 at 18:00 (Normally runs until 22:00).

COST
$5

EVENT ORGANIZER
Chad Boudreau

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
The promo card for June 2012 is Acidic Slime.

I have had some people inquire recently about FNM at ComicReaders in regards to the level of play and number of players that attend. I thought I would post my answers on this here forum in case there are other people wondering the same thing, considering whether or not they should try their hand at FNM.

We typically get 20 - 30 players on a Friday night. That makes for 5 rounds of play. There is a prize pool of boosters that is split among top players. The monthly promotional card is up for grabs, too.

Our group is primarily made up of seasoned players, but newer players should not be discouraged. The game play might be competitive at ComicReaders Downtown-- you'll be playing against some of the province's best, I reckon-- but they are a very supportive, friendly bunch. They like it when new faces sit at the tables.

As an added bonus, you're likely to pick up some new tricks by watching and talking to our players.

Jason Doan

Further to this, if you're new ask around for some help improving your deck.  Most of our veteran players are more than happy to take a few minutes on giving you tips on how to improve your deck and give you some tips on how to play it better.  Also, while the play level is competitive and Comicreaders is the home base for several of the top players in the province, a lot of us like to goof around and will often play silly decks that aren't even remotely close to good some of the time.

kdogg_64

who are the top players of the province???? i want autographs  :nw LOL

Jason Doan

You don't exactly have to be Kai or Finkel to be one of the top dogs in this province :P

kdogg_64