Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, April 21, 2012

Started by Allan Luesink, April 07, 2012, 09:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

I hope that Easter finds you safe and with your family.  This snow that hit us is something else.  I managed to finish my last delivery this week and get back to Regina just as the storm was rolling in.  It was some sketchy driving.  Oh, I guess some of you wouldn't know this, but I've started a new job.  I'm now driving truck delivering fuel for Federated Co-op.  So far, so good.

As you can see from the subject line we're moving Strategy Saturday back one weekend.  The reason being is that the annual Regina gaming convention FragCon is the weekend of April 13-15.

When we do get together on April 21, Barry is going to be taking charge of the Feature Game.  Barry loves obscure, novel, quick, and cheap games so I'm sure he'll have a few offerings that will be new to you.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

And here's a heads up on what we see the rest of the year looking like as far as our themes for Strategy Saturday's Feature Game segment.  If you have a game that hits one on these themes and you'd be willing to feature it, let me know.  Of course your always welcome to bring your game even if it doesn't neatly fit into a theme (within reason of course):

March 10 - Military (done - Axis & Allies)
April 21 - Barry's Choice
May 12 - Cooperative
June 9 - Railroad
July 14 - Historical
August 11- Family/Gateway (Intro)
September 8 - Business
October 13 - Retro (20 years or older)
November 10 - Party/Group
December 8 - Open

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

Allan Luesink

So Barry has chosen the game that he'll be teaching for Strategy Saturday.  It will be Scrappers.  Check it out at Board Game Geek.

Hope you'll be able to come out and join us.

Bix Conners

Congrats on the new job. Hopefully I can make it out for this months Strat Sat.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.